Sunday, October 03, 2021

Grathem NL and la familia

Grathem, Netherlands

Upon my departure Sunday from Amsterdam, I took the underground metro subway to the city center train station where two strangers helped me navigate the station, buy my ticket and find my track.  (I could not get the metro ticket machine to work with my credit card, so these two young ladies bought me a ticket with their cards and I paid them cash.  Then they hand carried me to my correct track in this multi story train station and insured I got aboard the right train with 4 minutes to spare.)

THANKS to all the friendly and helpful Amsterdam folk I met.  (Perhaps they just wanted me gone?)  Now I'm down in Grathem in the southern part of the country - out in the country - visiting with my sister Jane and her husband Ruud, and their 'wonder dog' Hakey.

the trains track from Amsterdam South to Grathem and family.
Jane, Hakey, Ruud Scheenen at happy hour
Their lovely backyard and garden
Frontyard - look in the window at 'the Haakenstein'

Scenes around Grathem
double decker bike parking at the train station



Grathem has fields of corn, cows, pear and apples
colorful cobbles





No comments: