Sunday, November 28, 2021

I got a new bicycle and LOVE IT

 a TREK verve2 electric bike.

28" tires and XL-large frame.

It has a battery, motor and 9 gears, plus 4 motor speeds.  The brochure says i can ride 70 miles on a single charge.  My butt says I can't.  I'm still not sure who is right....

my first trip around the neighborhood.
______________

With the NEW BIKE I can cover way more ground
and see a lot more of Clearwater and towns near me.




The Oaks apartments of clearwater

the main drag on the island



My apartment upstairs.





St. Petersburg Marina
Bill and Denise Sears came over and we had a great lunch visit last week.

It's my kind of place!  I'm going to like it here.


2 comments:

Ryan said...

Now that you've had the bike for a couple weeks, I'm interested to hear how you like it. What's the furthest you've ridden it so far? Do you think the 70 mile range is accurate? Jane mentioned that hers had different modes (full electric, partial assist, etc.). Does yours too, and which mode(s) do you prefer? I'm thinking of getting one in a couple years.

Skip said...

I like the bike just fine - zero buyer's remorse. I guess I'll post another bike post on the blog.?! Furthest ridden? I rode 40ml, up to Tarpon Springs and back*. (*note: i got to within 8ml of home and the battery died. I was curious about how long the battery would last, so i didnt charge it for 3 days. NOT SMART to go 20ml from home with a half charge... it still peddles without the battery, but it's a lot tougher to peddle.) Yes, the 60-70ml range is probably accurate* in the lower electric range. As you mentioned Janes comment: modes. My Trek2 has 4 modes. Economy, Touring, Sport, Turbo. Each mode uses more electricity and makes the bike go faster. (i.e. if i peddle with the same speed and energy, the modes make it go faster, up to 20ml per hr.) I prefer the 'Tour' mode as i dont go too fast, burn too much elect., and still have to exercise. When i peddle up and over the big bridge I put it into TURBO mode and she just climbs straight up. There were some other models that you can just throttle and not peddle, and other models that go up to 28ml per hr, but I chose the manual model for the exercise. Because mine wont move unless I peddle.