Thursday, April 08, 2010

Allergies 2 - Skip 0

Do your allergy meds leave you in a fog?

I feel like a hibernating bear, shot by a tranquilizer dart. Lethargic, achy and 'fuzzy brained.' I stopped by Walgreens and asked the Pharmacist what i could do more to fight this horrible Pollen. He suggested i try a different medication. ('maybe instead of Claritin, try Zyrtec')

Now, i started yesterday by taking a Claritin (over the counter brand) then using Nasonex nasal spray. Then i added Zicam the nose swab sticks to dry up the runny nose. So after about 3pm when the Pharmacist suggested the 'new' med i took a Zyrtec. About 4pm i'm feeling 'in a fog.' My nose still runs, i still sneeze, but now i feel dazed and out of it.

Right then someone knocks on the hull of the boat. tap, tap, tap. "hello Census taker!" I have no idea what i told her but it was quick. I agree the new Census is quick and easy this time.

-sniffle, sneeze, cough Skip

3 comments:

Tami said...

Try Claratin D 24. It's important that you buy the 24 hour (NOT the 12 hour) and make sure it is "D" for decongestant. You can only buy it at the pharmacy counter using your driver's license. I have used this for years for my allergies and it works for me. Everyone around me is suffering but I am fine. It's very important that you take this first thing the morning on an empty stomach. You may already know this but any new meds that you take may take a couple of days to actually work in your system. Hope you are better soon! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

try using a Neti pot and rinse that crap out of your head!

Anonymous said...

and keep your windows closed...don't want that pollen all over your bedding!