Monday, September 12, 2016

Apalach Like a Local..... Monday 9.12

Well Yesterday was a very lively weather day here!  I awoke to a thick - blanket - of fog.  I could not SEE anything from where i was.  Not the shore, not a buoy, not nothing!  Fortunately my list of to-do's was not pressing, so i waited for the fog to lift.  I only wanted to do some laundry and go grocery shopping.





The town of Apalachicola is directly behind this boat.  This guy came out of the mist, flew by me and disappeared again into the fog.  Gradually the fog lifted, then reappeared only to lift again an hour later....    I sat on board and drank coffee.
After the fog finally lifted, i took my bike, my laundry and soap to shore to start my 'boat chores.'  But first a stop for a great Sunday Brunch.
The Laundry Mat.
Shopping at Piggly Wiggly.
as a reward (and because i couldn't guilt myself out of it) i had dinner ashore.
Finally to return home after a great 'work' day.
BUT sleep was not to be had....  i saw some weather moving by at 10pm.

I took a couple of photos, then closed all the ports and hatches (except the 2 directly over me, figuring if it rains i'll know it and close these also) and dozed off.  

(*Insert loud crazy music here) At 3am i'm awakened by rocking boat and howling winds.  That storm has finally arrived.  I went up and sat in the cockpit till about 5a mentally holding the anchor and not allowing the boat to drag in the 25 knot winds...






It's not always easy being a Pirate!  Now i'm going ashore to see about getting some boat chores done.  I hope you are having / planning / wishing for a calm week in your world.   -Skip

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Glad you were anchored out of the way of river traffic. Fog is worst than darkness. Great night time storm pics.