Monday, September 05, 2016

Destin and preparing to transit

Checking weather and routes to Panama City.
I posted my blog last night and thought i was done for the day.  Off the clock.  When BOOM they started a big Firework show in the harbor.  I still have not quite figured out Destin.  But it's a great place to visit....  Oh well, back to work!







Today i will tie down everything on deck and get ship shape again.  Pull up my anchor (to confirm i can) then reset it for the night.  Check all the engines - and replace the 10 micron filter now before i start - and get ready to depart.  Put the outboard back on deck and strap down the dingy.  The weather window looks good.  Now to double check all my routes and start a countdown clock...

Exciting times at sea.    -Capn Skip

No comments: