Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Still Tuesday - but a long day!

I rented a car this afternoon.  So i would be ready to drive over and get parts at noon tomorrow.  (there is no taxi service in Apalach) To utilize my time and tools, i stopped at the Auto Parts store and got 5 gallons of oil for my next oil changes.  Then i stopped at the Piggly Wiggly for more food stuffs.  (use the car when you have it)  After going back and offloading all that on the boat, i drove over to Eastpoint, turned right and across the bridge to St. George Island.  Figured it's my one night to go eat local.  Paddys Raw Bar on the water.  The auto rental guy told me it's where i had to go.  (i have unlimited milage on the car, so i figured it might really be good and certainly cheaper than downtown Apalach.  plus i have a car.  i can eat downtown anytime.)  It was quite grand.  Do YOU know about the Oyster Capital of the world?  Apalachicola bills itself as the #1 spot.  And truth be told their oysters are incredible.  I'm told it's because of the many rivers that empty into the bay here.  "it creates the perfect salinity for great tasting oysters.  not too salty and not too sweet."  I cant argue with any of that.  I had a dozen of the High Tide and then another dozen of the St. Chedder.   yum yum.


St George Island Lighthouse

i did take my HAT off when i sat down to eat, but i left my shirt on.  It's a Pirate thing.  I think these two guys are fine healthy examples of the infamous Georgia Cracker?  But i could be wrong?








The Waitstaff - local St. George girls

Living Large and in charge!  - Pirate Skip

No comments: