Saturday, July 15, 2017

Blast from the PAST

OOPS!  misquote: Actually Cap, Doug Lester* has been following your blog.  -Wendy

This is a big Shout Out to:  Doug Lester*, Wendy Colson, 
to all the old friends, and Subber gang from college.  I got a phone call today from Wendy asking about my leg injury.  He said 'Doug had given him the heads up.'  OOPS - Doug. (see comments.  i changed it from my error.  i originally typed Bill Gammill.)
from the college yearbook, 1979.

Speaking of friends, and a surprise hearing from them.  Yesterday i was climbing down off the boat to crutch off to my Wound Care center for a bandage change when i turned and was surprised to meet Bill and Denise Sears of s/v Brandy Girl.  They are friends from Marathon.  I met them at the Christmas Dinner at the marathon marina.  Turns out they had seen on the blog where i was crippled in Stuart and dropped by to say hi.  THANKS you two.  It was great to see you and i cant wait till your next LONGER visit.        



pictured with Denise.

I always enjoy getting Comments on here, 
as well as email questions and conversation.

Nothing really makes you appreciate your mobility, or health like losing it!
I hope you are all 'dancing with the stars' this week.            - Peg Leg Pirate Skip


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually Cap, Doug Lester has been following your blog from day one and he told me about your accident. Now "Billy", Weedy will still let you have the credit.

SV Brandy Girl said...

It was great to see you, albeit briefly and remind me to never stand next to you...especially when you think you can use me as a chin crutch.
Keep in touch...and stay healthy (um, healthier)